1. Unbox the Module and connect the OBDII cable to the Module, and plug the OBDII side into the vehicle’s OBDII port (The OBDII port is located Inside Fuse Box for the Optima / Under the Steering Column on the Sonata)
2. Push the Start Button Twice with the foot OFF the brake. This will put the car into the “On” position. Make sure your cluster is lit up. You must confirm the gear indicator "P" on the cluster/dash.
3. Once the module is connected, the module will make welcome sound. Confirm that the module isn’t making beeping sound. If it continuously makes beeping sound, then start over from #1. (The LED flashing is normal). Do not proceed if it continuously make warning sound as it means the connection is bad. If you have paired your module to your vehicle in the past, skip to Step (5)
4. If this is your first time re-flashing, continue reading to pair the module. Press and hold the “Normal” button on the module until the module makes a sound. Wait a few seconds and release the button. *The module lights will start flickering. And your Gear Indicator on the cluster will turn BLANK. When it is finished the module will make welcome sound & gear indicator "P" will come back on the cluster. This process will take about 4-5minutes. **DO NOT UNPLUG THE MODULE WHILE THE ECU IS BEING FLASHED. YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL “P” COMES BACK. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BRICK THE ECU. Once it is finished, turn the vehicle OFF, disconnect the module, and start over from STEP (2).
5. If you have paired your module in the past, continue reading to flash the tune. Press and hold the desired button until it makes a single beep sound. Wait a few seconds and release the button. - Normal (Stock tune) - Uncle (91+ Octane tune) - Uncle+ (92+ Octane tune) *The module lights will start flickering. And your Gear Indicator will turn BLANK. Pairing & Reflashing for the first time may take up to 4-5minutes.- DO NOT UNPLUG THE MODULE WHILE ECU IS BEING FLASHED. YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL "P" GEAR INDICATOR IS BACK. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BRICK THE ECU.
6. Once the module finish re-flashing, it will make welcome sound. Your Gear indicator on the cluster should now appear “P”. Once you confirmed that the gear indicator is back, turn off your vehicle completely by pushing the ‘Start’ button once more. 7. Disconnect the module, and put them away. You are now tuned by LAP3. *If you just paired the module, please restart the process from Step 1 to reflash the ECU*
Please Read the following tips and advices. Advice 1. Do not rev past 6000RPM in Neutral or Park just because you can.
It may cause oil starvation & cause spun bearing.
Advice 2. Traction Control may kick in during the first two gear wide open throttle. Turn it off if you don't want its interference.
Advice 3. Start running 0w40 or 5w40 synthetic oil - change interval of 3000-4000 miles.
Theta II T-GDI 2.0T motors have fuel dilution issue & 5w30 will get thinned out quickly due to heat as well. 5w30 will not provide proper protection for the internally lubricated parts.
Advice 4. Get Water Meth Injection over oil catch cans/valve cleaners/etc.
Catch cans can only reduce carbon build up to a point, but it can never clean & maintain the intake valves and cylinder chambers. Water Meth Injection can actually take care of these GDI problems, and prolong the lifespan of your motor significantly. It will keep the valves nice and clean.
Water Meth injection provides significant improvement over an Intercooler upgrade when it comes to cooling. Intercooler upgrades only provide better prevention of heatsoak 20-50'F OVER ambient temperature, while water meth injection will cool the charged air temperature 10-20'F UNDER ambient temperature.
Water Meth injection boost octane & prevent pre-ignition and knock
You can also upgrade your mapping to Stage 2 & 2.5 for more power(Please email us for pricing)