1. Unbox the Module and connect the OBDII cable to the Module, and plug the OBDII side into the vehicle’s OBDII port (The OBDII port is located Inside Fuse Box for the Optima / Under the Steering Column on the Sonata)
2. Push the Start Button Twice with the foot OFF the brake. This will put the car into the “On” position. Make sure your cluster is lit up. You must confirm “P” gear indicator on the cluster/dash.
3. Once the module is connected, the module will make welcome sound. Confirm that the module isn’t making beeping sound. If it continuously makes beeping sound, then start over from #1. (The LED flashing is normal). Do not proceed if it continuously make warning sound as it means the connection is bad. If you have paired your module to your vehicle in the past, skip to Step (5)
4. If this is your first time re-flashing, continue reading to pair the module. Press and hold the “Normal” button on the module until the module makes sound. Wait a few seconds and release the button. *The module lights will start flickering. And your Gear Indicator on the cluster will turn BLANK. When it is finished the gear indicator will come back. This process will take about 4-5minutes. - DO NOT UNPLUG THE MODULE WHILE THE ECU IS BEING FLASHED. YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL “P” COMES BACK. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BRICK THE ECU. Skip to Step (6).
5. If you have paired your module in the past, continue reading to flash the tune. Press and hold the desired button until it makes a single beep sound. Wait a few seconds and release the button. - Normal (Stock tune) - Uncle (91+ Octane tune) - Uncle+ (92+ Octane tune) *The module lights will start flickering. And your Gear Indicator will turn BLANK. Pairing & Reflashing for the first time may take up to 4-5minutes.- DO NOT UNPLUG THE MODULE WHILE ECU IS BEING FLASHED. YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL "P" GEAR INDICATOR IS BACK. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BRICK THE ECU.
6. Once the module finish re-flashing, it will make welcome sound. Your Gear indicator on the cluster should now appear “P”. Once you confirmed that the gear indicator is back, turn off your vehicle completely by pushing the ‘Start’ button once more. 7. Disconnect the module, and put them away. You are now tuned by LAP3 *If you just paired the module, please restart the process from Step 1 to reflash the ECU*